Thank you for visiting pay.indy.gov, the e-Commerce Web portal for the City of Indianapolis and Marion County, operated by CityBase LLC. Because CityBase LLC values its visitors, we only collect the minimum amount of information necessary to serve our customers. CityBase LLC will collect no personal information about you when you visit the Web portal unless you voluntarily choose to provide that information. This Privacy Statement may change from time to time, so please check back periodically. This Statement explains the following regarding the treatment of data collected on our Site(s):
- Sites covered by this Statement
- This Privacy Statement covers the collection and use of data on pay.indy.gov
- What Information we collect
The information which we may collect on our Site generally falls into the following two categories: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. The Personally Identifiable Information we collect when you use our Site may include:
- your name
- mailing address(es)
- phone number(s)
- e-mail address(es)
- credit card number and expiration date
- identification numbers
- login names and passwords
- public postings
- employer, and
- job title
We request Personally Identifiable Information when you:
- enter information in a voluntary online form
- perform an online service transaction
- correspond with us
We do not connect the Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information we collect on our Site.
- Why we collect your information
Our primary goals in collecting information are:
- to provide constituents with superior service
- to provide all visitors a smooth, efficient, and personalized experience while using the site
We use your Personally Identifiable information to process your request or provide the requested information. We use Non-Personally Identifiable Information on an aggregated basis to help us understand how visitors use our Site and to measure interest in the various pages. We use this information to improve the content of our Site and to make our Site easier to use.
- How We Use Your Information
We gather and use information in a number of ways, including the following:
Surfing: We collect certain Non-Personally Identifiable Information when you visit our Site. We collect this information to help run our Site more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Site.
Online Services: We collect Personally Identifiable Information when you conduct services online, for example traffic ticket payments. We collect this information to process your request, to obtain payment when applicable, and to communicate with you about the status of your request.
Online surveys: We collect Personally Identifiable Information from customers who volunteer to complete surveys. We use this information to improve our services.
Newsletters and e-mails: We collect Personally Identifiable Information when you ask to receive newsletters, e-mails, and other information. We use this information to provide you the information you request.
Contact information: If you contact us, we may keep a record of your correspondence or comments, including Personally Identifiable Information, in a file specific to you. We use this information to help us provide better service in the event you contact us again.
- Sharing your information
CityBase LLC will not rent, sell or give away any Personally Identifiable Information entered into the website to third parties for marketing or mailing list purposes. However, Your Personally Identifiable Information may be shared as required: by the Indiana Public Records Act, for a third party to process the request, and otherwise by law.
Indiana Public Records Act: We are required to maintain many documents under the Indiana Access to Public Records Act, but we do not collect personal information for any purpose other than to respond to you or for other purposes required by law.
All information collected or submitted may be subject to disclosure pursuant to the Indiana Access to Public Records Act. In accordance with Indiana public record statutes, we may be required to disclose the information you submit. If you use one of our online forms, the information you provide is up to you. If you do not provide your name or other information, it may be impossible for us to refer, respond to, or investigate your complaint or request.
For more information on the Indiana Access to Public Records Act, click here. Visit the web page for the Indiana Public Access Counselor, by clicking here, or to visit the web page for the City of Indianapolis Public Access Counselor, click here.
Third Party Processing: CityBase LLC will send Personally Identifiable Information about you to other companies, agencies, or people when:
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested. For example, we might use a third party billing company, and we send information for billing purposes only; and
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of CityBase LLC to provide a product or service to you. Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
Otherwise by Law: CityBase LLC will send Personally Identifiable Information about you as required to do so by law, subpoena, court order or legal process.
- Accessing and Changing Your Information
CityBase LLC seeks to ensure that your information and preferences are accurate and complete. If you have or will subscribe to Pay.indy.gov, you may access and change your information by visiting the site where it was submitted. All e-mail communications from us, such as newsletters, tell you how to stop receiving them. Please follow these instructions if you no longer wish to receive the e-mail messages.
A "cookie" is a small data file transferred by a website to your computer's hard drive. You are sent cookies when you surf CityBase LLC, make on-line payments, respond to online surveys, or request information. Accepting CityBase LLC cookies does not give us access to your Personally Identifiable Information, but we can use the cookies to identify your computer. The aggregate information collected permits us to analyze traffic patterns on our Site(s). This can enable us over time to provide you with a better experience on our Site(s) by improving the content and making it easier to use.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.htm
- Netscape Navigator: http://www.netscape.com/legal_notices/cookies.html
- Protecting Your Information
Pay.indy.gov acknowledges your trust and is committed to protecting the information you provide us. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain accuracy, and ensure proper use of information, we have employed physical, electronic, and managerial processes to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
When you complete on-line transactions on our Site, we use Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") encryption technology to safeguard your sensitive information while it is being sent to us. The SSL encryption is designed to make the information unreadable by anyone but us. This security measure is working when you see either the symbol of an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser) on the bottom of your browser window.
- Links to Other Web Sites
- Children's Privacy Protection
Pay.indy.gov believes that protecting children's privacy online is extremely important. Pay.indy.gov respects national and international laws, including the Children's On-line Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"), which applies in the United States. Children under the age of 13 are not eligible to use services that require submission of personal information and should not submit any personal information to us. This includes submitting personal information to the website as part of a user profile or personalization profile. If you are a child under the age of 13, you can use these services only if used together with your parents or guardians. Seek guidance from your parents or guardians if you are under the age of 13. If we decide to begin collecting personal information from children under the age of 13, we will notify parents that it is being requested, disclose the reasons for collecting it, and disclose our intended use of it. We will seek verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information. If we do collect such information, parents may request information on the type of data being collected, view their child's information, and, if they choose, prohibit us from making further use of their child's information. We will not provide personal information about children to third parties.
- Legal Notices
Any trademarks that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Pay.indy.gov. Pay.indy.gov respects the rights of all copyright holders, and therefore, Pay.indy.gov has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users and account holders who infringe the rights of copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Pay.indy.gov's Copyright Agent the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. 512:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Changes to This Statement
If there are changes or additions to the terms of this Privacy Statement, we will post those changes on our web site so that you will always know what information we collect online, how we use it, and what choices you have. Please be sure to check this page before proceeding to use our Site. Regardless of any changes we make to our Privacy Statement, we will always use your Personally Identifiable Information in accordance with the version of the Statement in place at the time you provided your information, unless you give your express consent for us to do otherwise.
- Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about Pay.indy.gov's use of your information or about this Privacy Statement, please send an e-mail to _____________ and note "Privacy" in the subject line.
- A URL is the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web. For example, http://www.indy.gov is the URL for the City of Indianapolis and Marion County's home page.
- An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol ("TCP/IP") network, such as the World Wide Web. Networks use the TCP/IP protocol to route information based on the IP address of the destination. In other words, an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web, allowing Web servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses in order for users to communicate on the Internet, browse and shop.
We’re evolving to serve you better.
This payment portal is one step in our mission to build a better citizen experience. To learn more about the overall Shift Indy initiative, CLICK HERE